Vybz Kartel Lawyer Calls Police Liars

A scathing report in the Sunday Observer has sent shock waves throughout Vybz Kartel’s inner circle.

According to the report, Vybz Kartel met with the police high command when he realized his back was against the wall in his high profile murder trial.

SEE ALSO: Vybz Kartel Turn Informant, Snitched On Wanted Men In Portmore

SEE ALSO: Vybz Kartel Baby Mama Shorty Says She Will Wait 35 Years For Him

Kartel, real name Adidja Palmer, then gave the police high command information about several wanted men in Portmore that also lead to the recovery of 17 illegal guns.

But Vybz Kartel’s lead attorney Tom Tavares-Finson has stepped forward to rubbish those claims.

This is what the seasoned lawyer said:

“That is nothing but further propaganda by the police.”

“The presentation by the Observer yesterday reflected just another attempt by the police and the Office of the Director of Public Prosecutions to prejudice the appeal of Mr Palmer.”

“We note that the source of the information is reported as being anonymous, but we recognise the hand of a particular individual at the Corporate Communication Network.”

“No meeting was ever held between Mr Palmer and any police officer nor was Mr Palmer ever asked by any police officer to give them any information. That is a lie.”

“We are confident that we will, regardless of the machinations of the police, get a fair hearing at the Court of Appeal.”

Tavares-Finson also spoke out about the additional evidence the police source say was not entered into evidence. He said the director of public prosecution will have to explain why those evidence was not aired in court.

Vybz Kartel is currently serving a life sentence in a Jamaican prison. He will be eligible for parole in 35 years.

Shawn “Storm” Campbell, Andre St John, and Kahira Jones are also serving life sentences but will be eligible for parole a decade before Vybz Kartel.

On March 13, 2014 a 10:1 jury convicted the four men for the murder of Clive “Lizard” Williams, who they say was beaten to death over two missing firearms.

His body was never found.